As (Senior) User Experience/User Interface Designer, you will be responsible for the design or a subarea of design in a project team. That makes you a central part of our mission: to develop digital solutions that focus on the needs of the citizens.
About the role:
You design collaboratively with other disciplines like product management and software engineering with a focus on inclusive digital public services that consider the users’ end-to-end experience.
You are responsible for the design in all phases of the development process, from discovery to live and continuous improvement.
You design user research and conduct interviews to understand the needs of citizens and administrators, identify actionable insights, and develop actionable concepts.
You plan, design and conduct user research to understand the needs of citizens and internal users, synthesise and identify actionable insights, and develop actionable formats, supporting evidence-based .
You validate new user journeys and product features through usability tests, A/B tests or other empirical methods.
You present approaches, basic concepts and design decisions to stakeholders, the team and the design community.
You use, iterate and contribute to a design system that ensures usability and accessibility in digital public services.
Depending on your experience, you support and guide other designers in the team.
- We offer you a lot of responsibility, varied tasks and exciting creative opportunities with a team that is driven by a mission and shares a common vision: To develop digital solutions for and with the federal administration.
- You have the unique opportunity to be part of a "start-up within the government" and work in a dynamic and agile way.
- Flexible arrangement for mobile working and an open-space office in the heart of Berlin - with startup-typical healthy snacks, drinks and a beautiful roof terrace.
- You can choose which operating system you work with. We work with Mac, Linux and Windows computers.
- Your mental health is important to us. With nilo.health we support you to take care of your well-being.
- We offer you a market-oriented salary and an annual learning budget up to max. 2000€ and up to 5 free days - no matter which role or seniority level. You can also take your budget for language courses, if needed.
- You have the opportunity for a company pension plan with attractive conditions and employer subsidy.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We, therefore, welcome all applications - regardless of religion, nationality, (ethnic) origin, gender, age, ideology, sexual identity, or disability.
We only check incoming applications for their professional qualifications and the key qualifications required for the respective position.
Therefore, we ask you to refrain from including a photo of yourself in your CV, as well as information about your place of residence, age, gender, marital status, or similar.
Your contact person
Do you have any questions for us? Your contact person is Corinna Kley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a federally owned limited liability company (GmbH), DigitalService is a 100% subsidiary of the federal government and works directly with federal ministries and federal agencies. We do not work for profit, but for the good cause: for a digital Germany.
We develop digital products that facilitate interaction between citizens and the administration and promote trust. To do this, we bring together interdisciplinary teams from software development, design and product management with the federal administration.
We work user-centered and iteratively develop the best possible solution. With our fellowship programs Tech4Germany and Work4Germany, we accompany the necessary change in working methods and culture.
What does the work at DigitalService look like? Exciting insights are provided in our Blog (in German).